Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Ivy Elms"

The story "Ivy Elms" is about a young reporter named Ralph Tuttle who interviews the highest paid executive in the world, Ivy Elms. Ivy tells Ralph about her job and how she revolved her life around it. She explained to Ralph how working alot and hard all the time can make you miss a big part of life and make you wonder about what could have been. When Ralph is done interviewing Ivy he starts to think about if he would want to make that commitment to his job and work so hard he doesnt have time for family or friends.

I think that this story is a good story and it makes you think about important things. Ivy helps you understand what happens when money and being at the top is all that matters to you. When I got done reading "Ivy Elms" I thought about if I could make that commitment like Ivy Elms did. This story made me look at jobs a whole different way and make me want my family to come first before my job because Ivy Elms seems lonely.

No comments: